Recently we’ve been talking about goals; the “hopes” you want to do and make happen. One thing that many people e-mail me questions about, and clients talk to me about, are relationships. They ask me, “How can having a relationship be a goal?” or “I want to make mine better, but how do I get him or her to change?”
Relationships can be one of the most magical experiences of our lives. Relationship is where we experience our deepest love, our deepest hurt, and find who we are. However, as I tell the people I coach, the most important part of a relationship is NOT the other person. Let me clarify. The key to a successful relationship is not about “fixing” the other person or “finding” someone. The magic is in who you choose to become in this world, and therefore within the relationship. The relationship will reflect who you are.
While you can always contact me and we can speak personally (Gregg@theGiftedStoryteller.com), I want to offer readers a series of blog posts and advice as we head towards a holiday that for many is very unsettling, Valentine’s Day.
If you want this year to be “the year”, let’s begin here- don’t think too much, just do the next few steps:
- Choose three songs you love and create a playlist.
- Play the first two songs really loud, dance you’re a** off for the first two songs and have fun doing it. (Doesn’t matter slow or fast, just have a blast).
- Grab a glass of water- drink it. Take a seat quickly while you’re still buzzing from dancing.
- Grab a piece of paper and while the third song plays, write out everything you want in your dream partner. Everything you want him/her to do, dress like, act like, talk like, do to you, everything and anything you can imagine.
- Tape that piece of paper to your bedroom wall and read it at least twice a day for the next few days.
The Road To Valentine’s Day (Part 2)…..coming next post.